Thursday, June 23, 2005

New Army Slogans

Everyone knows how gay the “Army of One” slogan is. The slogan is probably why recruiting is down. I was speaking to B-Cack about this and he said it was a good idea to go ahead and start thinking of new slogans to help the Army get its message across and inspire people to join. Here are a few suggestions for the generals over there at the Department of Defense, in bullet form.
• “Shoot ‘em in the Face.” This one is more of a battle cry than a slogan I guess.
• “Only you can prevent terrorist fire.”
• “Chicks dig scars and guys with guns” probably increase the amount of true killers to join.
• “…Bringing freedom since 1776.”
• “Flush a Q’uran, smack a jihadist, and listen to some rap music, in the Army.” Probably go over real well in our more urban areas.
• “Don’t be a hippie, join the Army.”
• “All who join will be able to spit on Jane Fonda without legal repercussions.” I’m not sure why that one makes my mouth water.
• “We don’t eat as well as terrorists, but we shoot a lot better.”

It still early so I’ll add more if I think of them. Leave your ideas in the comment section.

5 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, Blogger Jon said...

Our slogan in the Air Force isn't much better... "Cross Into the Blue." wth?? yes, I know what it means, it's just not very appealing.

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

I think the airforce's next choice was "only officers fight (unless you're in para rescue or forward observer) so enlist.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Wyatt Earp said...

"Join The Army: And Kill The Other Guy's Army."

"Air Force: Doing All The Mundane Stuff The Naval Aviators Won't Tough With A Ten Foot Sidewinder."

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Wyatt Earp said...

Sorry, "tough" was supposed to read "touch."

That'll teach me to forego SpellCheck.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Heh.
I like the "don't be a hippy" one.
Good stuff, Doc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home