Tuesday, June 14, 2005

A Phat History Lesson (Part 3)

(A Phat History Lesson Part 2)

(A Phat History Lesson Part 1)

So, there I was, no sh**, finally at my unit doing my job….sort of. The first 3 months were a bit hazy, as there was a lot of drinking involved. What can I say, soldiers like to drink, womanize, and fight. What did you expect a bunch of Boy Scout like killers?

There were some real killers at my unit. My first sergeant (we'll call him FSGT. D-Bol) was a true killer. Beside that fact that he looked like he ate raw meat, he was also just a hair on the crazy side(I say hair in jest, 'cause he was bald). First sergeant D-Bol was just truly an intimidating man. He had been at Grenada and Panama, and really wanted to get back to his life’s work, which was killing. I remember the second time I met him. (I say the second time because the first time was in processing and he just laid out the rules to me.) We were practicing tying knots, when he walked up to me, read my name tape and said, “Hey Tony, that’s my middle name. You better go get another name or (at this time he was holding a rope tied in an end of line boland. This produces a large loop on the rope) or your a** hole is going to be this big around.”

I simply responded, “Roger that First Sergeant.” That’s sort of the catch all phrase in the army. It’s like saying whatever, I understand, yes, and bite me all with one phrase. This is the same first sergeant D-Bol that once told the company, “If it wasn’t for my d*m* wife and kids, I would join the French foreign legion to do some more killing.”

He is also the first sergeant D-Bol that used to come into the operations office point his M-9 9mm at my head and squeeze the trigger about 5 times, then curse the army for not giving him ammo. Then, he would apologize for possibly hurting my feelings a little later. Yes first sergeant was a bit whacked out.

Things went smoothly for a while. I stayed out of trouble, and things were going generally well. Then, thanks to a Muslim and a MI weenie my life went to sh**.

To be continued in part 4

A Phat History Lesson (Part 4)


A Phat History Lesson (Part 5)

12 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Blogger Tyler D. said...

Completely unrelated here, but

First to day Phat Tony.



:}

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Tyler D. said...

You have been blogrolled.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

Glad to see anew reader. If figure the first ten to read an article and post comments get a free link.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

What if I'm already linked?

Do I get some beer or ammo or something?

:)

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Looking forward to the continuation, too.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger PoP said...

Come on, give your dad a little credit. I learned ya good.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger mensabarbie said...

Hey, wonderful, wonderful.
(These stories are like Chinese food, though.) (.^__^.)

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

Ya! I'm full of them. Stories not chinese food.

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous flinner said...

nice story.

 
At 7:10 PM, Anonymous B-Cack said...

The one and only Flinner makes an appearance, see if you can link to his site there Phat Tony

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

He didn't leave his url What the f**k over

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous B-Cack said...

He is too busy now, we can only say we are blessed to have been visited by the flinner.... but try muddycreekrifles on a google search... or something.... or mine... B-Cack's something... I should find out where that page went.... ahhhh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home