Thursday, August 04, 2005

A Light Thursday

I only have three things to let you guys in on today. My love for bullets will not allow me to put them in an ordered list like a normal person. So, here they are in bullet form.

  • Go take a look at Cove Rebels site. He’s a friend of mine and I inspired him to start a blog. True, he did have to go to school to become a gentleman but he served our country none the less.
  • I sold my first piece of swag, hooah! Now I only have to sell like a gazillion more before they actually pay me. There is a minimum amount before they send me the money. For the person who bought something, I know that your coffee will taste better when being drank from an anti-terrorist coffee mug.
  • Please everyone, do yourselves a favor and Google your name in quotes. The person that patronized my humble establishments name looked so familiar that I thought he had a blog. I did a Google search on his name hoping to find his blog to thank him and what I ended up finding was personal information about him because of a service request he submitted to have a computer repair is being published by the company and was picked up on a Google search. I can tell you that this will not happen with my store, but I care for my readers and want every one to protect themselves. Try searching your name in a few different ways to make sure your personal information is being protected.

19 Comments:

At 6:11 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

Let me clarify. When I say personal info I mean home address which is not published or given to me by the store. The store only gives me a name.

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Kate said...

Doc,

I Googled my screen name, which came up a zillion times, as I post on a few LE forums. The one thing that distrubed me the most though was seeing my name published in a newpaper. I had to give permission for them to submit my letter, but I had no idea it would be online. Ouch.

The question is...how to I get my name removed from search engines?

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Cove Rebel said...

According to my search, I am a ralley sports car driver in England. This could be good for me.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger a4g said...

I Googled "Dr. Phat Tony" and got this.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Cove Rebel said...

That's just wrong...funny, but wrong.

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous MEGABRAD said...

Dr. Phat T.,

I like the "swag" that you're hocking. Great stuff! I was looking through your "store" and checking it out. However,I couldn't find an actual, working P.L.A.T.O. device being offered for sale there. Maybe soon?

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger GunnNutt said...

While I appreciate the seriousness of identity theft, I found this exercise to be hilarious! I too seem to be leading many different and exiting lives. I'm a PHD and a jazz trumpeter! I even died in Ireland 150 years ago. Whodathunk.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Uber said...

I'm a seasoned barrel racer, author of fabulous things concerning privacy of health information, and stop searching soon as I came across somethin about me on DVD kissin' girls. lol

Interesting Doc...my info is safe but did find me, along with some others I personally know, on a list of people who have made "conflict of interest statements" due to "political leanings". Lesson- put me on a list, I no make donations! And I will tattle! Grrr!

Thanks for the tip, and congrats blog papa!

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Insolublog said...

Gazillion? This isn't a conspiracy by CafePress to use Dr. Phat Tony and other bloggers as cheap third world labor is it?

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger a4g said...

So, Doctor, "A Light Thursday" for you is a littlegreenfootballanche and then visiting your loyal readers to taunt them over your good fortune and massive hits? (check his SiteMeter, folks).

How much swag do I have to purchase to buy a little respect around here?

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

You have way more noteriety than I do A4G, and to answer your question any 1 item buys you a lifetime of respect.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Cove Rebel said...

Hey Uber, where can we buy that DVD?

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger PoP said...

I'm a district attorny and a Maestro. The Maestro crap i could do with out. but the DA I kind of like.

 
At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Fitch said...

Google searched my name. Did you know I was a software designer? Neither did I.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger GunnNutt said...

That's an awful lot of traffic for a link that the commenter said was "lame". Surely the people who followed the link now know of your brilliance!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

Or they want to put me down, like a horse with a broken leg.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Peakah said...

If I were all the things that my google search brought up, I wouldn't be working on a blog site that at best gets 50 hits a day.

Anyone know how I can steal one of my own identities so that I can live la vida loca under their name that they obviously stole from me? Uhhh... I think...

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Woo-hoo!
I'm a lame-ass blogger, opinionated, loud-mouthed union shlub, and all-around gun freak.

Oh, wait...
Never mind.

Great info, Doc!

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Uber said...

Here ya go cove rebel.

Enjoy! :)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000IAG2?v=glance

 

Post a Comment

<< Home