Wednesday, August 31, 2005

They’ll Try to Take Our Guns Over This

So I saw this article and know that some asinine gun control law will come about because of it. I think these statistics that my friend sent me probably sums it up the best though. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Number of physicians in the US: 700,000.
Accidental deaths caused by Doctors per year: 120,000.
Accidental deaths per physician: 0.170
(U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services)

Number of gun owners in the US: 80,000,000.
Number of accidental gun deaths per year: 1,500.
Accidental deaths per gun owner: 0.0000188

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times
more dangerous than gun owners.

FACT: Not everyone has a gun, but everyone has at least one Doctor.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban
doctors before this gets out of hand.

As a Public Health Measure I have withheld the statistics
on lawyers for fear that the shock might cause people to
seek medical aid !

Of course I think this doesn't take into account the fake Dr.s like me.

What's for lunch at a Bail's Blog?

11 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Fitch said...

Uh oh! Does this mean You are more dangerous than a gun? Or does that only count for REAL doctors? You make a good point about the overblown concept that guns are dangerous. On average, a gun is no more or less dangerous than it's owner. AAAAARRRGH! Word verification! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger PoP said...

Hmmm If I give you a gun will that make you safer,son? Am a dangerous gun owner? Allthough I have never killed anyone who didn't deserve it my eye sight has deminished over the years. All these unanswered questions.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Pop - If you give me a gun, I'll say "Sweet! Thanks, dude!!".

Whenever you're ready... :)

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

Since I am a Dr. and not a doctor I'm only slightly less dangerous than the real thing. Then again I am a trained killer.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Damian G. said...

I love this argument.

Every time a state passes a right-to-carry law, the homicide rate in that state plummets, even if the rest of the country is seeing an increase in murders.

"More children under five drown in water buckets than children under ten die from accidental gunshots. Is it time for water bucket control laws?"
-The Official Handbook of the VRWC

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Insolublog said...

When do we ban 85+ year olds with driver's licenses?

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger a4g said...

California is not very gun friendly, so some time ago I took to carrying a doctor in a shoulder holster for personal protection. I've got a nice large caliber German gastroenterologist. My wife prefers to carry an obstetrician in her purse, which to me is a sissy doctor, but she says he's got enough stopping power to make her feel safe.

Both my kids have practiced with family doctors at the range, but I won't let them carry until they're 18.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger a4g said...

Oops! I should have said both my older kids.

As for now, the three little ones only have plastic doctors that they can pretend to kill each other with.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger GunnNutt said...

Damn strait! When cops go bad and start pimpin' and dealing drugs its time to disarm the public! Oh, wait...did I read the wrong article?

 
At 8:09 PM, Anonymous B-Cack said...

Gun control means hitting your target

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous The Cap'n said...

Phat Tony is crazy. However, said state does not preclude him from being correct.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home