Monday, August 15, 2005

Urban-Outdoorsmen Unite!


Atlanta plans to ban panhandling in the downtown area and other tourist’s attraction. The Begging Urban-outdoorsmen Movement (BUM) has said that they will protest at city hall. One protestor and BUM said, “I’ve been working the area (begging) for years now and have finally been promoted to the position of right next to the ATM at the Underground. Now they go and do this, and I’ll have to find a less lucrative place out in the suburbs. You got some spare change?”


BUM has vowed to beg the city to reconsider and will not stop until they change the law or collect enough change to get drunk. Joe Beasley, who heads the regional office of the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition, says. “How dare the city try to keep these unfortunate, lower class, and homeless people from becoming drunk. How horrible would it be if these people had to live in their condition sober.”


Real story here.
Have lunch at Basil's Blog

14 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger a4g said...

Does blegging fall under these rules?

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous MEGABRAD said...

Hey, where did you get that picture of my uncle? We haven't seen him in years. I'm glad to see he's started his own business in the big city!
ps.
I linked you to my page. Now your gonna get all the weirdo's. Hahaha!!
Your welcome.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

While an alcohol-free life does seem horrific, TOO BAD!!!

Get a job ya freaking hippies!

Drink AFTER work like I do.

(Stoopid hippies...)

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Wyatt Earp said...

They aren't all bad. My friend just got back from Europe (his wife is from germany) and while touring Italy, he couldn't find anyone to dirsct him to the fire station (he's a Philly FF). So, he asks a local bum, because "bums know where everything is."

He was right, the bum directed him to the station, no problem.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Pebble said...

Sorry off topic, but Pop left me a message on my MSN Space, so I'm trying to reply her, since he is here a lot.

By the way is he your father Tony?

Pop,

My photo "The Motherly Photo" is on my sister site:

http://pebblepie.blogspot.com/

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

I would dis-own him but then I would miss out on all that ineritance. (It only amounts to a few guns.)

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Kate said...

I once was on my way to NJ and was stopped at a red light - one that's infamous for BUMS trying to extort money from you. Out of nowhere a bunch of Jr. BUMS appeared with their buckets and squeegees in hand ready to wash my windows - IN THE RAIN!

Idiots.

BTW, Wyatt...S-P-E-L-L-C-H-E-C-K!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger GunnNutt said...

It must be an interstate union. I actually saw a BUM with that sign in DC!

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Fitch said...

Kate: Hmm... Platt Bridge Bums. The good thing, though about those bums is that it smells so bad crossing the bridge, that you can't tell how bad the bums smell.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Cove Rebel said...

If all you carpetbaggers would go back up north, we wouldn't have bums in the streets! :)

Atlanta (rolleyes) Where's Sherman when you need him most?

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Insolublog said...

Don't send 'em up here! By the well known conservation-of-deadbeat principle of physics, we would have to send some undocumented Brazilians or maybe some Cambrige liberals down there.

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Fitch said...

Send the Cambridge Liberals... please. And a few from Penn to cover my butt too.

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous kate said...

fitch,

I hold my breath when I drive over that bridge. It's repulsive.

I didn't know you were in the Philadelphia area...

 
At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Fitch said...

I've nearly vomitted crossing it. Several times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home