Friday, September 30, 2005

My New Favorite Holiday


Fiesta de las Golondrinas (which is probably Spanish for I can’t believe the woman did that for me) is now my new favorite parade and holiday. Fiesta de las Golondrinas, more commonly known as Swallows Day, is destined to be a national holiday if I have my way. Not having read any more than the title, and filling all the other parts of this holiday in with my own imagination, I can see this festival spreading across America quickly as long as married men are in charge of politics. So all you guys go ahead and mark your calendar. On March 25 of next year you can spend all day trying to convince your wife that it’s Swallows Day and it would be un-American not to participate. If that doesn’t work tell her that participating helps reduce risk of breast cancer or something like that. Everyone start writing their congressman right now to make this a national holiday. (If this offended anyone just know that I'm still laughing about this right now.)

9 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger GunnNutt said...

Hooray! Blogger's back up! Maybe it found a server that swallows?

Are you going to do an "ask me questions" post this week?

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

This upcoming Tuesday.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger a4g said...

Doctor, having been to the festival (20 minutes from here), I think you are making an unfortunate but common error about one of our beloved California festivals.

Similiar to the one I made about the Dauphin Island "Taste of the Colony" festival in Alabama.

I thought "colon-y" was an adjective.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

Don't ruin this for me A4G, I'm thinking I can convince my wife that this is real.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger PoP said...

If she don't believe you just have her ask Pop. I almost had her believing in national naked day.

 
At 11:27 PM, Anonymous MEGABRAD said...

Well well well,

What do you know. DPT is making fun of MY HOMETOWN! Hillarious. That's right, I'm from SJC man! And don't let the chamber of commerce fool ya, the swallows day parade was the biggest drunken melee each year. Drunks would ride their horses right INSIDE the bars! Yeah. Good times! Those swallows "suck" too. There are millions of them and they crap everywhere and build their little mud "condos" under every overhang in town. Funny you would write about it.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Doing my best to get Mrs. jimmyb on board, Doc!
Hopefully, the massive injuries I may receive won't preclude me from still typeing...

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Steve the Pirate said...

...all I can say is 'gar.'

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Wyatt Earp said...

Jennifer Love Hewitt? She spits. All the famous ones do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home