Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Negligent Homicide

Governor Blanco and Mayor Nagen have been charged with negligent homicide. More than 600 people have died because they were not evacuated out of Southern Louisiana.


"The pathetic thing in this case was that they were asked if they wanted to move them and they did not," said Louisiana Attorney General Charles Foti. "They were warned repeatedly that this storm was coming. In effect, their inaction resulted in the deaths of these people."
The attorney for Blanco and Nagen said they were innocent. He said “They waited for the evacuation order from the President, but it never came.” When asked if it was the Governor and Mayor responsibility to give the evacuation order he said, “What!? Are you out of you mind? They’re just a Governor and Mayor.”



Both were released on $50,000 bail and will continue to show up for photo ops and bad mouth the President. Governor Blanco has lashed out saying, “The federal Government is taking too long to recover the dead. When I failed to give the evacuation order in time, I figured that the Federal Government would at least work fast to clean up my mess.”



After writing this I realized that I might have got the story confused, but like most news; it’s close enough.


Take a look at Basil's Breakfast menu.

9 Comments:

At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Close enough is right. LOL!

Blazin

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

It seems my home page is not opening on my browser but I can get to individual articles. Anyone else having this problem?

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

Problem fixed itself. Stupid technology playing tricks on me.

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger a4g said...

Drats, Tony, you beat me to the punch. Now I've got to think of a new story idea for this morning.

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

I guess you were late recieving your talking points from Karl Rove.

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Steve said...

You nailed it Doc!!

And they should be held accountable

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Insolublog said...

Over seven hundred people died in the Chicago heat wave of 1995, another disaster blamed on government failure to act. Somebody remind me who was president? Did he send in Federal troops with air conditioners?

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Wyatt Earp said...

Sorry I hadn't been commenting for a few days; I was in N.O. looking for these two assclowns with a warrant in my hand.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger GunnNutt said...

Drat! I was soooooo hoping this was true!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home