Monday, September 26, 2005

A Voice for Soldiers

I’ve heard that the military has been coming down on the mil blogs, because of OPSEC and political correctness. This is a little disheartening, knowing that most people don’t get a chance to hear a soldier’s opinion on politics and foreign affairs. It’s not really fair to them, but it’s understandable that the military wants to be able to control the information and opinions that are voiced by soldiers. A soldier doesn’t lose rights when they join but they do have to follow a code of ethics and rules prohibiting certain behaviors that the rest of us do not have to follow. Not saying that a soldier does not have the right to free speech, but there are repercussions for speech that would be deemed harmful to the image that the military wants the public to see. Point blank, just like your job. You can say anything you want once, then if the bosses don’t like it; they fire you. In the military there is no line between off duty and on duty when it comes to behavior.

So I propose this: Any soldier that can send me proof of military service will be able to post anonymous rants on my blog. If you have a rant that would most likely get you in trouble with you chain of command, but feel the need to say it with out repercussions. Just e-mail me (use the email link on the side bar) your rant and sufficient proof of service and it will be posted in its entirety, with complete anonymity.

It’s probably time to hear what the soldiers are saying about the things they see on the news. Maybe I can help with that.

8 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger millman said...

Well said, DPT, I hope that those who sound off will sound off with this creation. We need to hear the things that are happening even if it bad, we need the truth.

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Fitch said...

Great proposal Doc.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger GunnNutt said...

Here, here! I know of at least two who can use this new "open forum"

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Anna said...

Great minds...
I just put this one up yesterday.

After watching the Pro-troops rally on C-Span yesterday, it got me thinking about how the MSM does not talk about what the soldiers are seeing and doing there...unless it's bad news!

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Wyatt Earp said...

Believe it or not, cops are in the same boat. Which is why I don't post my real name. I guess freedom of speech is only reserved for the moonbats.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

You have to have a job to lose before your speech has to be kept in check.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Insolublog said...

I look forward to hearing more of Casey and less of Cindy.

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger PoP said...

Way to go Son. I'll let the word out around here as well. I wish every one would read blogs. they would get a little perspective from the real world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home