I’m Helping the Republicans
I received a letter from Patrick Ruffini this morning and thought I would share our correspondence. I think this might be a way to let the GOP know what the common man was thinking, since I’m more common than most.
I have some news. Starting this week, I'm starting on a new path and taking leave from the day-to-day work of writing my blog at PatrickRuffini.com. I'll now be working at the Republican National Committee as their new eCampaign Director, helping make GOP.com a driver of votes and volunteer action in 2006. Needless to say, it's a job that will require all the time I've got! My announcement post is here.
I've also set up a special e-mail address, ideasATpatrickruffini.com, where you can share your ideas on what we can do to advance the Republican cause online. Let me hear from you.
Congratulations on your position as the eCampaign Director, I hope that you do some good and help the Republicans remain in the majority; as long as some conditions are met.
You wanted ideas, and I have a few. Not only will these ideas keep Republicans in the majority, but will also increase the amount of them in office. I hope that you can relay these points to Karl Rove or whoever is in charge of directing ideology. I will write them in bullet form, so that it will be easy for you to pick and choose what you would like to relay.
• Grow testicles. This is completely metaphorical, but good advice to our Republicans currently in office. How long can the minority party push the Republicans around? Why not step up to the plate and start pushing the agenda that we voted for.
• You guys are pissing me off with all the spending. Tax cuts=good. Spending like a 17 year old girl at the mall with daddy’s credit card=bad.
• Homeland security is a farce, if we can’t control who comes and goes through our porous border. Try a fence. If that doesn’t work, try a wall. If that doesn’t work, try a mine field. I really don’t care how the border is kept safe as long as it is being controlled.
• Social Security is a scam, and I’m tired of paying into a failing system. I’m 29 years old and could have a lot more money going towards my retirement if it wasn’t for the forced investment into Social Security. I know old people vote, but they aren’t voting Republican. AARP has a hold of their leash and old people will vote anyway they tell them to. Don’t pander to them; it’s a waste of time.
• Start fighting back. How many times must I see a Dem bad mouthing Republicans or the President? Say something already. For example; LANDRIEU: “And if one person criticizes them or says one more thing, including the President of the United States he will hear from me. One more word about it after this show airs and I might likely have to punch them, literally.” ANY REPUBLICAN “Instead of picking fist fights with people over pointing out the obvious failings of the local governments in LA, Landrieu should be fighting the corruption of the government in LA so things like this don’t happen again.” See that wasn’t so hard. It was even civil.
• Call it what it is. If a grieving mother goes all crazy and socialist, then call her a crazy socialist. If Muslim terrorists blow something up, then call them Muslim terrorists. You don’t have to add extreme, militant, or fringe to it. When the Muslim community starts policing their own, then we can start separating the Muslim terrorists from the rest of them. Until that happens though, their going to have to live with the stigma of being a violent religion.
Of course these are just humble opinions of a working class conservative. I really doubt that anyone is listening besides the few people that read my blog. With that said, if the Republicans don’t change their ways, they will lose to a 3rd party candidate and a Democrat will be the next president.
Dr. Phat Tony