Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A First That Doesn’t Include Jimmyb

I knew it was coming but I’m always surprised when it actually shows up on the television. Last night was the first Christmas commercial I have seen on television this year. Lowes was the culprit that decided that Nov. 8 was close enough to start bastardizing Christmas for personal gain. There is nothing like seeing nativity scenes and Christmas trees being panned over to let people know that Christmas cheer can be bought at Lowes. Luckily I never shop at Lowes, but if I did, I would make up a 4th of July sale sign to hang in their store next time I visited.

I think that the holiday season is really starting to lose some meaning as I get older. I sleep late on Christmas with no excitement to spur me to waken any earlier than 9 am. I’m sure some of you have kids and are probably pulled out of bed quite early on Christmas mourning; to that all I can say is bwahahaha suckers. (I have a remedy for early waking kids by the way. On Christmas Eve….get them super drunk.) I digress though, I know that after a few weeks I will be able to find my Christmas and holiday spirit (the feeling not the liquor). It won’t be hard to find as most television stations will be playing “The Christmas Story”, “Miracle on 32nd Street’, and claymation Santa and Rudolph for the next 2 months.

19 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger PoP said...

Why not tell them the truth about the way you acted on Christmas. Don't Bah Humbug me, son. you still try to get in a drunken stuper, just like when you were a kid.

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

It's earlier every year.
Meijer's is my first exposure this year.
And that was a week and a half ago!

Depressing.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

The truth is that the "Evil one" would come and wake me up at the butt crack of dawn so that she wouldn't look like she was alone in the early waking conspiracy.

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Steve said...

Doc, throwing your "little sister" under the bus like that...!!! YOU ARE MY HERO!!! Whooo Hooo

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Contagion said...

We've had Santa at the local mall since Nov 4th, I saw my first Christmas Commercial October 30th AND we've had stores selling christmas decorations since early September.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Uber said...

Nothing like seeing those jack-o'-lanterns and devil costumes wedged between Christmas trees and lil baby Jesus to put ya in the holiday mood. *g*

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger spacemonkey said...

I't too much trouble to put Christmas decorations up and take them down, lets have one every even month's 25th day. So we don't have to move anything.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

I've always been partial to the Marchmas tree.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Daniel Levesque said...

Here in Alaska we have had Christmass stuff up for sale in the stores since September. What ever happened to the days when the Christmass season didn't start until after Thanksgiving anyway?

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Fitch said...

Christmas.

It's the most irritating time/
of the year.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Wyatt Earp said...

There is an FM station in Philly that plays 24-hours of Xmas songs from sometime in November until New Year's Eve. This year, they started ON NOVEMBER 1ST!!!

I haven't finished eating all of my kids' Halloween candy yet!!! Damnit!!!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Tyler D. said...

This time of year has lost most, if not all its meaning.

AND if it would drop below 80 degrees I might feel better about it.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Peakah said...

What a bunch of Baaaa-Huuummm Bugs!

I love christmas cuz my wife gets all nutty with the decorations and that seems to induce some strange sexual attraction. I think I'll start to grow a white beard, get fat (already halfway there) and wear a red suit year round...

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger JermCool said...

Didn't we just have Christmas???

Crap. There goes this year's paycheck again.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Pandy said...

Our local Hobby Lobby had Christmas stuff in the store back in August. I nearly puked. Then I bought a bunch of stuff- guess I'm a sucker. Then again, I am way more excited for Christmas this year than ever before- Mr. Pandy is coming back!

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger SeanS said...

I want my Qwanzaa decorations. You know, the ones with bombs attached.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger David said...

" I’m sure some of you have kids and are probably pulled out of bed quite early on Christmas mourning..."

Typo or Freudian slip? *LOL* Sure, there'll some "Christmas mourning" but mostly in the "broken budget" department, eh?

;-)

Whether typo or not, I'm declaring "Christmas mouring" a keeper.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger David said...

heh

My own typo. "mouring" indeed...

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

I hate homonyms.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home