Friday, December 09, 2005

Aaaargh a Meme

So Contagion wants to bring down my fury upon the masses by tagging me with a meme. Normally I don’t participate but this one seems to be fairly harmless and not so thought provoking on my part so I’ll give it a shot. I guess people want to know Five Weird Habits that I have. Honestly I have none. It’s hard to be the standard for normality and still be weird, so I’ll just have to go with what the weirdos that surround me everyday have said to me.

I have two phrases that I like using all the time, “For God’s sake be careful.” and “So that’s what they’re calling it now.” I use them all the time. Someone tells me they’re going to the bathroom and I tell them “ For God’s sake be careful”. Someone tells me they went bowling over the weekend, I say “So that’s what they’re calling it now.” I crack myself up.

I also have the super ability to sleep for long periods of time. My record was in Germany when I slept 56 hours straight only stopping to drink water and get rid of water. What a great weekend that was.

I might have a touch of OCD. I really don’t like my food touching on my plate. I’m not sure why. I tell myself that it’s because I want to be able to taste each dish distinctly, which also might be the reason why I eat one dish at a time too.

I once spent 16 weeks eating food with only a spoon. This wasn’t self imposed mind you, but I did it none the less. They wouldn’t let us eat with anything but a spoon in basic and AIT. They figured we didn’t have time to use any other utensil. If it didn’t fit on the spoon, pick it up and eat it. Also did you know that the going price for a slice of bread in basic was about $5?

I spent 3 years in the army without owning a pair of underwear. Before you get all grossed out, let me explain. In basic the Drill Sergeants gave out some free advice. They said, “Why would you want all that sweat and filth being held against your sack?” Made sense to me. For the record it was pretty good advice. After being out in the field for two weeks with out a shower you skin starts breaking out from being in contact with your filthy clothes (legs were the worse from the BDU Pants) but never once did the “boys” get any kind of rash. It's also alot easier to hold your rifle, pull security, and get your "gun" out to relieve yourself, when there is only one layer of clothes to get through. Anyway, after learning the benefits of “free-ballin” I just never wore them again until I got married. Come to think of it, a lot of things I used to do were stopped or modified after getting married….I guess that will be saved for another post.

I’m supposed to tag 5 more people but I have to put some thought into it. I’ll update later and point out the victims. Now is your chance to beg, plead, and compliment me so that I don’t tag you.

Update Here ae the Five weirdos I'm tagging Uber(in hope of more pictures), JimmyB, Insolublog (Not that I think he would do it), Stella Piccolo, and Wyatt (because you can't get any more weird than him)

Update #2 The contest is on and I took the first screen shot this morning using the TTLB. I'll be taking one everymorning till Christmas so get to entering.

Update #3 I still need votes to win the Milblog award go and vote already if you haven't.

16 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Blogger Contagion said...

I only tagged you so I could use the post to get some extra links in for your contest. Give me some credit.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

The track back I sent probably got caught in a spam filter. I'm not too mad. I finally got to post about "Free-Ballin"

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Uber said...

Haha, you're really messed up aren't ya?
I'm like that with my food too. Apparently I eat neatly as well. Once caught a friend staring at me n rollin eyes while I was being OCD, made it funnier for me that she had a gob of mayo on her chin.

Oh yeah, Hooray for "hangin' out there!" lol

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought it was called "going combat".
Please don't tag 'telebush' he's studying for finals and I sure would hate to have to pay that tuition all over again if he messes up this semester!!!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

It's called a lot of things. Combat, comando, etc.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Hey! I'm not a weirdo...

Oh, wait. Yes I am.
Never mind.

And yes!!! More Uber pictures!!!!
Yay!!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

BTW, I'm super jealous about the 56 hours of sleep!

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous MEGABRAD said...

Hahaha.

No, Pixar hasn't called me. I called them. They hung up on me. Bastards!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Uber said...

Ah man...I totally forgot to lie and tell you how dang awesome you are! Well...you're a FREAK, Doc!

But super funny!

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Hey DPT,
Anyone ever tell you that you have issues? ;)

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Tyler D. said...

I read that and think this. Also, I have only managed 31 hours of near constant sleep.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Wyatt Earp said...

" . . . you can't get any more weird than him."

Nice. Oh, and the "free-ballin'" thing? TMI!

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous linda said...

I know so much more about you, now!

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Insolublog said...

Is your fascination with poo, related to this 'free-ballin' phenomenon? Thanks for the tag, BTW.

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Cove Rebel said...

I'm not really sure I want your "furry" brought down on the masses. However, your "fury" might be fun to watch as long as I get to help in the killing.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

Heh you were the only one that caught that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home