Friday, January 27, 2006

CENTCOM Report


Yesterday I received an Email from a SPC at CENTCOM. He wanted to thank me for my support and ask me if I would link to the CENTCOM website. If you look to the right you will see the CENTCOM coin and if you click on the picture it will take you to their site. I’m doing this for two reasons. The first reason is because most reporters pretty much copy and paste the press release from CENTCOM. The second is because there is more than just a report on the latest deaths. No really! Strange enough, the media doesn’t seem to report all the good things happening in Iraq(u) or Afghanistan. I go to their press release page and see that out of 20 releases, since Jan 12, only one has a headline with casualties in it.

Why wouldn’t the news cover the rest of these things? I don’t know, but I think I will be from now on. I want to thank the SPC from CENTCOM that took the time to send me the email and encourage me to link them. I also encourage everyone else to go there and see the things our troops are doing.

3 Comments:

At 1:12 AM, Blogger SeanS said...

After Harvey from Bad Example linked them, I had to jump on board. Time to spread the whole truth, not just the MSM version.

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger Uber said...

Very interesting, very telling too. A sidebar necessity.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger GunnNutt said...

The only thing wrong with CENTCOM's site is the Search functions. They totally suck even when they're working.

Even so, everyone should link to CENTCOM!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home