Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Airing America

Last Saturday I was cruising in my ride listening to AM talk radio when, all the sudden, the station turns to static. Normal, seems they have to reduce broadcast power at sundown. But thanks to some pseudo-science I was able to get my first taste of Air America. Yes, through the mystery of wave propagation, weather and the ever changing levels of the ionosphere, I was able to hear Air America broadcasting out of Kentucky. I have to say I was not too impressed. But, to be fair, their ratings are probably low not because of crazy content but because their lack of communication skills. Does Air America sound this way for everyone? You would think after stealing a whole bunch of money from underprivileged kids they would be able to afford some better writers. Then again with such low ratings do you really want anyone to hear stuff like this. They were probably a little upset about the impending Alito confirmation.


Click here to listen to what Phat Tony heard on Air America.

Hat tip to Screw these guys. I couldn't figure out their code.Move on Please.

Go and Vote for me right now! I must defeat JimmyB

16 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Remember a vote for Doc, is a vote for poo and midgets!!!

FIRST!!!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

Man I couldn't get their code to work for crap. Did the little box appear for you CUG?

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Oh, and gauntlets, too! ;)

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Yes the little box.
But the link is there now...

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

I'll put it back

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger PoP said...

Just a little off topic but if you wish to upset any lib friends or enemie. just let them read this. http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB80/ I'm not sure if this will work as a link but you can always copy and paste. just a thought from a feeble nearly blind old man. and how many more email addresses do you want me to create to vote for you son?

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Robert M. said...

I listen to Air America on my XM during commercials (I'm usually listening to the Rusty Humphries Show on the conservative station) and I honestly can't stand some of the crap I hear for more than half a minute. It's nought more than ranting and screaming at the callers/guests who disagree with the host or happen to be Republican.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Contagion said...

I don't listen to talk radio very much, and I have never heard Air America.

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous FIAR said...

Yeah, I have a co-worker that listens to Air America. If you haven't heard it, you're not missing anything. Anything at all. Not only are the viewpoints stupid. The hosts are thousands of times more boring than even Sean Hannity, and he's pretty boring.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Tyler D. said...

YAY Poo and Midgets!!!

Everyone says Air America sounds like that.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger a4g said...

Here in California, nearly every AM talk station frequently shifts to the spanish language stations, which have the universal habit of bleeding all over everybody else's signal.

What's worse? Air America-- or ranchera?

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Nightcrawler said...

Do you ever listen to Glenn Beck? He was doing this bit where he was going to air (on radio) the sounds of an actual abortion. Each time he'd go to play them, the station would cut to Air America. He blamed it on the affiliates and them not wanting to broadcast an abortion.

Anyhow, he finally 'fessed up that he was playing the crap and I called him to say that listening to Al Franken was worse than any abortion ever done.

 
At 12:30 AM, Anonymous linda said...

I think pop is a comic, too!

 
At 4:49 AM, Blogger PoP said...

Finaly, some recognition, Thank you Linda.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger PoP said...

Some think I am the Doctor's alter Ego. Like Mr. Hyde to Dr. Jeckel.

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous linda said...

Did I mentim that I like older men? Maturity is an asset!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home