Monday, February 06, 2006

Diversity Strikes Again

It’s amazing what people will do in the name of diversity. I read this and thought that there is an easy way to combat this. Here is an excerpt: "Birmingham University's Student Union Guild has demanded that the Evangelical Christian Union (ECU) amend its constitution to allow people of all faiths to become members and, this is the killer point, sit on its leadership body."

Let’s point out the obvious, if you have a Christian group, it only stands to reason that a requirement to be a part of the group, you would have to be Christian. It is the same with any other group. Want to be part of a gay, lesbian, transgendered club? It would probably be wise to be one of those things.

Strange enough, this usually only happens to conservative or Christian groups. So I’m going to help people fight the good fight against “Diversity”. Here is how it works. If you have a group that requires certain behavior or affiliation, stick to your guns on who you allow in the group. Usually the school will send you a letter stating that you are violating anti-discrimination rules. After this letter is received by your group, sue the school. Contact The Fire, they have a bunch of pro bono attorneys for students to use. You can go this route if you like; it’s probably the civil way to do things. I, on the other hand, would do something like this.

Say I belong to a group called the “Gun Tot’n Democrat Haters” club and we have 100 members. The requirements to be in the club would be to own a gun and be a republican. Some Democrat peace monger wants to join the club, knowing that they will not be admitted, so they can complain to the school about discrimination and have us booted off campus. After this happened and we lost the ability to meet on campus, I would take our 100 members and join the “Democrat Feminazis for Peace” club on campus. If they said we couldn’t be in the club because of our gender or political leanings, I would complain to the school about discrimination. If the school didn’t side with us then I would sue the school for discrimination. If the school did side with us and force the “Democrat Feminazis for Peace” club to let us join, I would then use the 100 members as a way to vote ourselves into the leadership of the group and dissolve it. After this was done I would move onto the next group I didn’t agree with. Hopefully the school would then realize that people should be able to associate with who they wanted and that groups should hold the right to ask its members to share the same philosophical or morale beliefs.

Hat Tip to Kath.

19 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Great post, Doc.
The universities seem to see discrimination as a one way street.
Conservatives are the only legitimate targets.
Everyone else can discriminate all they wish.
I like your idea about joining other groups and taking over.
Also, can I be the FIRST!! official member of the "Gun Tot'n Democrat Haters" club?
I meet all the criteria, and I'll never kill another kitten again....

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger PoP said...

Promise?

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Nightcrawler said...

DPT, you are a genius. That is EXACTLY how I would deal with those damn diversity Nazis!

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous tommy said...

can't we just hang out with the coeds in the Student Union?

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

Only if the coeds aren't reciting lines from the "Vagina Monologues"

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger eyesallaround said...

How funny.. and true. I hope the conservative do start fighting back and dishing a little misery back to the freakin' commies who run the universities. Great blog, I'll be back:)

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger eyesallaround said...

Oh, I noticed you're in Alabama. Anything new on the church fires? I hope they keep this story in the news. My guess is it's muslims, as part of their Cartoon Intifada.

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope, it's the Methodists. They're cleaning out the Baptists! Don't tell the media--they're hoping for a race war!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Uber said...

Great idea, Doc.

I wonder why some men haven't written the, dare I say, Penis, Monologues? lol

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

Actually that was mentioned by the news in question form by a local news anchor. "I wonder if it was race related" then they let it be known that 4 of the churches were prodimently white. If some one is holding prejudice against Baptist, then they're having a rough life in AL.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

I'm working on the Penis Soliloquy

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Contagion said...

Nice, I don't know if it'll work, but nice. It goes under the same reason why there can't be an all guys club in my state, but they can have women only workout centers.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Ssssteve said...

Funny stuff Doc.

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous linda said...

The only reason the church fires made national news was because it was in AL and you know the media was just so hoping it was racial! Not that they're prejudiced or anything! What I loved was the announcement that it was ARSON! No crap, Sherlock! They must have higher IQs than the rest of us who thought it was spontaneous combustion!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Brilliant...as usual! I linked you on my post today. It was a fun race! I really enjoyed UAW Guy's filthy lies!

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Insolublog said...

The first amendment guarantees the right to free association via its peaceable assembly language. Back in the hippie days the same people trying to deny this right on university campuses today, were citing it then. This is why they don't like an originalist judiciary. They can't change the Constitution at will, on a conservative court. If voting yourself in the leadership of the 'Democrat Feminazis' doesn't work, just show up at the rallies, fully attired in 4WD, beer pounding, bikini snapping, flag waving red neck regalia!

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger D. Maria said...

When I read Birmingham University I thought Birmingham as in Alabama. I'm glad its over in England and not here (at least for the time being...I'm quite sure it will makes its way to America.)

Sadly, they say most Europeans do not believe in God and this may be a way of trying to spread their poison inside the Evangelical Christian Union.

I like how you think!!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger The Triumvirate said...

I don't care how many Womyn's Forum and NOW CAN('t) groups exist on campus- they can work themselves into a man-hating righteous anger whenever they want. I just want my college to stop giving funding handouts to any group who can meet minimun requirements. Why am I racking up student debt so that the NOW chapter can go see Brokenback Mountain and discuss gender issues for free? Shouldn't they at least have a bake sale or something?

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Kath said...

Thanks for the link, Doc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home