Monday, March 20, 2006

B-Cack on Children’s Books


Ok, you know I have to get all pissed off every now and then while I spout of mostly incoherent gibberish... which is why you love me right? So, tonight I am feeling pretty froggy and just thought I would write to tell you how pissed off I get when I read a Dr Seuss book! Ok I know that is like saying that puppies are ugly right, everyone just went "awwwwwwwww". Well, most of you are going off of fond childhood memories of "whosits and fon finks, zazoo bon quinks and even von kesslehorn honkers" Ok enough I might have to kick my own ass if I keep on like that. So, my point it that if you have read any of this in your adult life, you will clearly see that he is a fraud! NO SHIT, anyone can be a writer when they just make up words to get their stories to rhyme! Now, besides the fact that he was a fraud, think about the crap our kids are learning with these books, it is bad enough that we can barely get most of the kids in public schools to speak English. Do we really have to subjugate them to this nonsense?

B-Cack

7 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Anonymous FIAR said...

I might be inclined to aree with you, but first I must check with my bon quinks zazoo.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

I'd rather have my kid read Dr. Phat Tony than Dr. Seuss.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Tyler D. said...

Yes.

I mean no.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger a4g said...

In defense of Dr. Seuss, he did write Horton Hears a Who-- "a person's a person no matter how small"-- which is probably the best pro-life kids' book ever written.

But then again, there was the Lorax...

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger SeanS said...

I agree with a4g. I hate tree-spokesmen.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger The Anti-Hippie said...

So... Is that a wocket in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Killired said...

did you know that he never intended for his writings to be for kids?
my favorite is "oh the places you'll go"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home