Friday, March 10, 2006

Phone Gadgets


I received a new phone yesterday and I might have to go take some sort of advanced geek mobile phone course in order to use it. This phone seems to have more gadgets and technology on it than my desktop. I look at the instruction manual (the first step to defeat) and it turns out that it's not the instruction manual at all, but the preamble to the instruction manual. The instruction manual is actually a pdf file on a cd that comes with the phone. Alright, so I throw that in the computer and start looking around. 1 million options and I'm only going to be using 6. Besides being able to play mp3s, take pictures, and record videos, there is the direct connect and also a direct talk that turns the phone into a regular walkie talkie that has a 6 mile max range and doesn't use towers. It also has that rotten tooth thing on it. What the hell is that for? It has a gps on it in case I ever have to call in an air strike, it's only giving me lat/long and games that just tease you with the demos and want you to buy the whole game so that you can play more than three hands of poker or 1 hole on the golf course. I think this might be a sign that I'm getting old. If I pick up a phone and can't figure out how to use with out the help of my computer then I must be a relic. On a good note though, I do look super important with it on my belt.

Also, now that I have a phone that plays mp3s; do I have to walk around and look like I'm having a grand mal seizure, only pausing to answer the phone?

15 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger Cove Rebel said...

In my opinion, we got rid of a whole lot of perfectly good secretaries when we got voicemail and cell phones. Now you can't say "hold my calls" anymore.

All this "I gotta reach you now" stuff has just produced a generation incapable of making a decision on their own.

And hopefully, "First!"

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Cove Rebel said...

Oh, and since I work with you, I can honestly say I've NEVER seen you look important even with all those techno gizmos on your batman utility belt. HA!

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous FIAR said...

do I have to walk around and look like I'm having a grand mal seizure

Yes. Yes you do.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

Oops typo I'll get it

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Dr. don't feel bad, my Dad calls my daughter to figure out how to do things on his phone. It's really pretty funny watching old folks use new technology.

I must not be old, I can figure mine out :)

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger fmragtops said...

I'm with with Fitch. Having seen those commercials, I think it may be unhealthy to have that phone and not look like you're having a grand mal seizure

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Kath said...

Haha, been there done that! It's always fun those first weeks...

I have to say though, my grandparents know more about their cell phones than I do about mine ;o)

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Insolublog said...

When you do the seizure thing, please post a video clip in your blog.

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous FIAR said...

Dang Insol. I was going to say the same thing.

 
At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_can_telephone

This is the pic of his new phone, damn Phat Tony we all know you live in Alabama.

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

Heh, that's for emergency use only.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Uber said...

...and I was so excited with being able to play tetris on my cell phone (even though I had to walk half an acre and stand in the middle of the road to get a connection and actually talk to someone).

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Contagion said...

When it came time for me to get a new phone, they tried to sell me one that had all that crap on it. Instead I told them I don't need it, don't want it and probably wouldn't use it. My cell phone is for me to call and communicate with others, not take pictures, sirf the net, listen to music on or give me some kind of perverted sexual gratification.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger PoP said...

The only reason I have a cell phone is because your mom's inability to unlock the car with out a key. or fix the car when it breaks down on the highway. I would like to get rid of all the leashes,home, cell, and pager.

 
At 12:36 AM, Anonymous beej said...

Ahem...

You *received* a new phone?

I don't know what planet you live on Mister but here in Poor Me, I Work For Myself Land, you don't just up and *receive* a phone.

You got to buy that sucker.

Not that I'm jealous. Or anything. Nice phone ;)

Sorry I've been absent. I have to make money so that I don't waste away and so that I can pay rent.

It's hard but I manage. I just don't get to have much *fun* anymore and that includes bloggin'.

/!---whining end --/

Keep up the great work, babes :P

*smootch*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home