Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Snapper Hunter

Only a few days left till I hit the coast in search of some snapper. Me, my dad, and my nephew are going to be down at the coast trying to get as much snapper as we can. It seems the best place to get snapper is near the beach. Now just because we’re going to be hunting snapper doesn’t mean we’re snapper heads. We just like to eat snapper. As a matter of fact, we’ve entered a contest to see who can get the largest snapper. I really wasn’t interested in large snapper, but I’ll give it a shot since there are cash prizes. I’m personally a little scared of snapper that could swallow your arm.

My wife is going with us but she has no interest in snapper at all. She’s just not that way. My nephew on the other hand is really excited. This will be the first time he has ever got a hold of some snapper. I’m sure after the first one he’ll get the hang of it and know exactly what to do with the snapper.

Anyway, wish us good luck on the snapper contest. I’ll have lots of pictures to share after this weekend. The goal is to get a snapper larger than this one.

16 Comments:

At 6:29 AM, Anonymous linda said...

WOW, that is one big snapper! Good luck! Have a good time and use sunscreen--or don't if you like a deep sunburn!

 
At 7:06 AM, Anonymous fmragtops said...

Good luck snapper hunting. Snapper is good eating. It seems like I heard somewhere before that if the snapper smells funny you shouldn't eat it, but I don't remember where I heard that, so I might be wrong.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Ssssteve said...

Fmr, I thought all snapper smelled funny, And Doc, make sure your nephew uses rubber gloves while handling the snapper, being a rookie and all at handling snapper.
Now Pop might be old enough to not need rubber gloves, but you should probably use them too, you need all the protection you can get!

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger a4g said...

Well, I was wondering why you weren't posting anything, Doc.

Now that I know you've had snapper on your mind, I understand.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

that is some snapper in that picture!!

 
At 11:48 AM, Anonymous fmragtops said...

I have to echo the good dr on that one jimmyb, I'm afraid of snapper that could swallow your arm.

 
At 12:09 PM, Anonymous lil' B-cack said...

Good luck Snapper hunting and try not to catch crabs, I hear they aren't very good eating. Except for maybe their claws... Whatever...

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger PoP said...

Its been a long long time since I've been Snapper hunting. The wife doesn't realy like me going by myself but since she will be on the beach with the Grand daughter its ok. I'll do as much fishing for a cold one as time will allow.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Insolublog said...

I'm trying to think of a snappy comment, but it's not happening.

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous linda said...

Insol--the sly one!

Catch a whopper!

 
At 5:13 PM, Anonymous fmragtops said...

Sssteve: Touche, or should I say Summer's Eve.

 
At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do I have the feeling that you guys have your minds in the gutter?

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Wyatt Earp said...

Strangely enough, not all snapper can be found on the coast. I heard there's some great snapper in Las Vegas.

 
At 10:39 AM, Anonymous fmragtops said...

Yeah, Wyatt. I have also heard there is quality snapper in the LSU lakes area.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

Wyatt and FM those are desert and swamp snapper. Not the right type for this contest.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Steve the Pirate said...

Hooray for innuendo!

Get some snapper for me! My wife won't let me out to catch any snapper for myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home