I came back from my vacation a winner, of sorts. I did not win the snapper competition, but I did accomplish everything on my “to do list”. We left on Thursday evening for Gulf Shores and came back Sunday evening. I guess the best way to do this is to list all the things that I did and saw on my weekend at the beach.
• Walked on the beach. Check
• Got sun-burnt. Check
• Swam in the Gulf of Mexico. Check
• Got sand in my shorts. Check
• Saw Pop wear slacks and suspenders on the beach. Check
• Drank beer. Check
• Watched a boat troll for sharks using live bait. Check
• Went fishing on a charter boat. Check
• Caught my limit of snapper. Check
• Pop caught his limit of snapper too. Check (author’s tip: If your tackle smells like squid; you won’t catch any snapper.)
• Deck hand showed us his crabs. Check
• Bought souvenir coffee mug. Check
• Had hot rolls thrown at me. Check
• Drove home with only one cd in the player because the other cd’s were covered with luggage. Check
• Applied aloe to my wife’s skin because she got sun-burnt too. Check
• Woke up earlier than I normally do everyday of my vacation. Check
• Took an extra day of vacation to recover from my vacation. Nope, I should have though.
In all it was a blast. I hope to do it again next year but maybe leave out the sun-burnt thing.