Friday, May 19, 2006

What Took Me so Long

I know I have been a shameful blogger lately. I’ve been swamped at work and then even in my off time I’ve been busy to the point where it didn’t make any sense. Even tonight I ended up going back to work and came close to not making my self imposed deadline.

So what’s been happening? Well besides the big project at work, Phat Tony now belongs to a two car family. Me and my better half bought a car on Monday. If you ever want to see the difference in the way men and women think; take the other to go shopping for cars. I’ll give examples.

Mrs. DPT: I like this one, it looks cool.

DPT: Well, it does get 31 mpg.

Mrs. DPT: It’s got a 6 disk changer in it.

DPT: All wheel drive isn’t bad.

Mrs. DPT: I like the color.

DPT: 2.3 liter; that’s plenty to get you to work and back.

Mrs. DPT: What are these lights on the bumper?

DPT: Cool, fog lights.

We didn’t buy American (sorry CUG). We ended up buying a Suzuki Aerio SX. My wife is extremely happy and I’m glad that we don’t have to share a ride anymore. I know my wife would never forgive me if I didn’t post a picture of her pretty car so here it is.

18 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Anonymous lil' b-cack said...

Well FIRST of all, I have to say I agree with Mrs. Phat Tony. It doesnt' really matter if it has brakes, a good engine, or rear suspension, as long as it has a cd player and looks pretty. I love the color!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

*sigh*

Congrats anyway. :)

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Tyler D. said...

My cousin has a Verona. They are good cars. Just get it out of the hail.

2005 Verona $13,100 out the door.

Two weeks later hail.

$4,1050 in damage.

It still smells new.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

They're having a hail damage sail on south parkway. They've got all the hail damage cars there.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Tyler D. said...

Really?
Sweet I'm going down there tomorrow then.

 
At 1:37 AM, Anonymous SeanS said...

I know exactly what you went through. My wife has a 2005 Kia Sedona. She wants the 2007 Sedona because it "looks prettier". LOL!

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Contagion said...

My wife hasn't been happy with a vehicle I've bought her for more then 18 months. She'll love it for the first 6 months, then gradually see other cars she would rather drive and starts finding problems with her current vehicle so that she can justify trading it in on another vehicle. either that or she drives it into the ground so I have no choice.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Nice ride for MrsDPT!

I have my Cherokee, I'm happy...for the time being! :)

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Ssssteve said...

Congrats!! So now what is going to happen to Jill?

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

Jill is still toast unless she makes the money.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Nightcrawler said...

Congrats on the new vehicle... and shame on you! Foreign car... and you call yourself a patriot!

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

Capitalism at it's finest. The American way.

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger PoP said...

it is getting harder and harder to buy an all american car since nafta. They all seem to be built here from parts made overseas. At least i don't have to pick you up from work and get your sister's kid too.

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous MRS. PHATTONY said...

HEY EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!
This is Mrs. Phattony's car not Mr.Phattony's. That's right, it's not American, so forget him. Phattony is not going to even touch the car , I wont let him......hahaha!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Steve the Pirate said...

Aw, come on Mrs. Phat...be nice to the good doctor!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Steve the Pirate said...

BTW: Don't worry, CUG. I still plan to buy GM. AMERICAN General Motors, not the crap built in Korea.

I've made the decision that as soon as we get my wife's car paid off, the STP family will be the proud owners of a new Chevy Silverado. I've always been a GM kinda guy.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger nomoretreehugginhippiecrap said...

If my wife wanted a Suzuki, she could park it on the street with the other imports. It's not about what's trendier, it's about our way of life and how it's changing. Sure, one Jap car doesn't make a difference, keep telling yourself that.

 
At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Storm said...

Mrs.Phats car is cool. we must discuss getting decals to match the red pinstrips more soon. ;)
Ha Ha DPT, her car is cooler than yours! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home