Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Meandering Thoughts

I was going to write a Phat History Lesson, but I haven’t gotten the picture that was sent to me scanned yet. I think that the picture is important for the story, since it relates directly to the mission that I’m going to tell you about. Instead, I’m going to write about the few thoughts that I’ve had during my two week hiatus. Believe me when I say it was only a few thoughts, as I try not to tax myself by thinking that often.

World Cup soccer has been front and center at my house. Despite most Americans not really caring for the sport of soccer, I feel it’s important to support the American team as much as possible (even if they lose 3 to 0), especially since they play in such a hostile environment. Most soccer fans are fanatical and they tend to take the game to a point that makes them look like blood thirsty morons that like to say stupid things. So screw everyone else; Go USA!

I did get to watch the Mexico vs. Iran match over the weekend. It was hard to know who to cheer for. Do you cheer for the team that represents a country that’s invading yours or do you cheer for a country that is being run by a mad man that wants nuclear weapons so he can destroy the JOOOOOOS? Plus the flags for both the countries look almost alike. Well, the Iranians do use a more sissy green on their flag.

I’ve almost been blogging a year. I’m not sure if this is an accomplishment or if it means I don’t know when to quit. I think I’ve matured a lot since starting this thing, and that means I’ve become less funny. I look back through the archives and say to myself, what the hell was I thinking that day.

I had a chance to actually speak to CUG. It’s kind of surreal to speak to some one that you’ve never met. I guess that’s why I never called one of those phone sex lines. I think that I impressed my Yankee friend with my stellar grasp of the English language and by not using the word y’all once during the conversation. Busting stereotypes one conversation at a time.

Tomorrow I will go to the gym for the first time in 5 years. I waited till the middle of the week to go back so that way my arms should work again in time for me to mow the yard this weekend. I’ll probably loose a lot of weight just because I won’t be able to get a fork close to my mouth for a few days after I work my triceps out. I’ll also start doing some cardio by using the elliptical runner. I hope I don’t slip off of it, because it looks like it can do a lot of damage if I get tangled up in it.

I hope that this last two weeks off will be the last time I spend that much time off from my blog. I can’t promise anything though. I’ll do my best and keep everyone posted on my experience at the gym and hopefully will be able to get the Phat History lesson done here in the next few days. Thanks for reading everyone.

17 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Anonymous fmragtops said...

Congrats Doc! Those elliptical thingies are tricky, but once you get the hang of them, they beat treadmills and bikes.

BTW, I try to use the word "y'all" as much as possible. I refuse to give up my southern heritage of funny words no one else uses.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Ssssteve said...

Hey Doc, y'all should speak like y'all want to. It's only when Fmragtops startes calling all his guy friends "chere" then we will have a problem! HA Glad to have you back

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Tyler D. said...

Don't do this.

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous linda said...

Y'all have a good day, ya here!

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous linda said...

If word verification wasn't giving me fits-3 times already! I'd noticed it should've been hear, not here!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Wyatt Earp said...

It's about God-damned time you got back. The rest of us have been carrying your sweaty jock for two weeks now!

Mmm . . . sweaty jock!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

You linked Wyatt to my moniker?!?!?

BLASPHEMY!!!

Nice to have you back, however. :)

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

And it was nice talking to you too!!

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

oops I thought I copy and pasted your link. I'll fix it.

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous mukrz said...

Exercise rules by Mukrz:
1. Machines are for Pu**ies.
2. You live in The South - get out and exercise in the heat and humidity - I do and I'm not even from here. You will be a better person for it.
3. Drink plenty of non-adult beverages while doing number 2 (above, potty-brain, not NUMBER TWO).
4. Doing "cardio" for 15 minutes is for wankers. 35 minutes minimum. No, 20 minutes doesn't cut it either.
5. Pain truly is weakness leaving the body - but only once you have been working out for a while. Pain during the first few workouts after a long hiatus is B - A - D, and could make it so that you will not be able to work out until after another long hiatus.
6. Start out with weights so small that you feel like the 90-lb weakling that you see in the mirror. When you first start working out more is not better.
7. Set goals for yourself that are out of your present reach, but achievable if you actually work at it.
8. Whenever you think of quitting just think of "Full Metal Jacket" (Stanley Kubrick, one of my favorite 10 all-time best movies) - "PRIVATE PILE...!"
9. 'Bout time...

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

Ya, well it's a free gym and tomorrow is coming quick. Sad to say, I got to get to bed to be at the gym at 5am.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Damian G. said...

Damn it! Even with two weeks' vacation, you STILL don't lose enough traffic so that I equal you! (Hint, hint.)

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous b-cack said...

Soccer is GAY

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger PoP said...

Mukrz, what kind of adise do you have for a feeble nearly blind old man that needs to get the wife to look at him again. Don't tell me I'm hopeless.

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Cove Rebel said...

Mukrz, DPT hasn't seen a 90 lb weakling in the mirror since he was in 4th grade. HA!

GREAT advice though.

Wanker? You ain't from 'round here are ya?

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous b-cack said...

What pic are you talking about Phat T

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Tyler D. said...

Who ever says soccer is gay is well, gay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home