So, over the weekend I played the biweekly poker game with some friends. We have a poker league so to speak. You accumulate points for placing and at the end of the league we have a tournament for the eight point leaders. The buy-in for the regular biweekly games is $20, and the point leader game at the end of the season is $35.
Now by no means am I poker god. I barely get to play once every six months. But this last Saturday I was finally able to attend the first game in the season. I also was able to take everyone else’s money for the first time this season. Now, I was told by the person that organized this league that last year the point leaders made sure they talked a lot of smack during the time they were point leaders. I, being the current point leader in the league, am a much more modest winner.
I do think that being the point leader should come with some benefits though. So as the point leader here are some changes that need to happen:
• I will now be known as “Most benevolent leader who breaks my over cards with his 4-5 off suit.”
• I will have the choice of seats at the table. It’s not going to be the one next to the refrigerator, I can tell you that.
• All beer will be sampled by me before anyone else consumes any.
• Smoke breaks will be given at my command.
• 100 chips will be the penalty for having your phone ring at the table. These chips will be put with my chips to save me time from taking them later from other people. As leader, I’m exempt from this rule.
• When the question “Who rocks the party, that rocks the party?” comes up during conversation, use the first bullet to answer.
These rules should be enough to get started with. I think they’re fair. What do you think?