Monday, August 07, 2006

Gambling Man

So, over the weekend I played the biweekly poker game with some friends. We have a poker league so to speak. You accumulate points for placing and at the end of the league we have a tournament for the eight point leaders. The buy-in for the regular biweekly games is $20, and the point leader game at the end of the season is $35.

Now by no means am I poker god. I barely get to play once every six months. But this last Saturday I was finally able to attend the first game in the season. I also was able to take everyone else’s money for the first time this season. Now, I was told by the person that organized this league that last year the point leaders made sure they talked a lot of smack during the time they were point leaders. I, being the current point leader in the league, am a much more modest winner.

I do think that being the point leader should come with some benefits though. So as the point leader here are some changes that need to happen:

• I will now be known as “Most benevolent leader who breaks my over cards with his 4-5 off suit.”

• I will have the choice of seats at the table. It’s not going to be the one next to the refrigerator, I can tell you that.

• All beer will be sampled by me before anyone else consumes any.

• Smoke breaks will be given at my command.

• 100 chips will be the penalty for having your phone ring at the table. These chips will be put with my chips to save me time from taking them later from other people. As leader, I’m exempt from this rule.

• When the question “Who rocks the party, that rocks the party?” comes up during conversation, use the first bullet to answer.

These rules should be enough to get started with. I think they’re fair. What do you think?

10 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Sounds fair to me!
Deal em!!

FIRST!!!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Ssssteve said...

Wait a minute!! A smoke free poker game??!! WTF! That doesn't make any sense! Where are you playing?? At work?!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Damian G. said...

Why do so many of my fellow Rightists smoke?

It's disgusting and smelly, like hippies!

WHEN YOU SMOKE, YOU'RE SMOKING WITH THE ENEMY!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

Personal liberties my friend. I should be able to smoke my lungs away if I like.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Ssssteve said...

Damian, I didn't say I smoked. It's just funny to hear about a poker game without smoking goin on! And Doc. your right, I should smoke if I want to!!

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger a4g said...

Nothing so pure and American as good ol' Virginia tobakky. From the days when Americans were so tough, they had to cancer themselves just to make sure they wouldn't live forever.

Can't abide the stuff myself. But so I've been told.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Damian G. said...

Oh, I would never ban the stuff, Doc; I just think it's nasty.

Besides, if you're all dead of lung cancer, who will be left to destroy the Left?!

 
At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Storm said...

two things to say to you doc:

"you lie! (refering to the 'I barely get to play once every six months.' WTF? we play with you more often then that, what we dont count???- says the man) "
and
"OMG, you're so gay!"

oh, and when are we gonna eat jill? soon right? yes? mmm, goat.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

Money games only. Playing for funnsies isn't a real poker game.

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Storm said...

alright! fine.
come over this sunday and ill take your REAL money!!!
we are bbqing neway, so ill have an audience when i whoop the “Most benevolent leader who breaks my over cards with his 4-5 off suit.”'s gay ass! bwahahahahahaha!!
or are you a big gay chicken?

(you know, i cant help using 'gay' everytime we talk about poker, stupid j)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home