Friday, November 10, 2006

What’s New

I haven‘t wrote in a while. This is due to lack of motivation and time more so than anything else. The Republicans lost the House and Senate; I manage to sleep all right despite this. America has overcome much more gruesome things than this. Before ’92 they controlled Congress for 40 years. The face of the Democratic Party has changed some since then (now it’s pulled tight like the head of snare drum through the use of botox and plastic surgery buh dum dum dum) but I’m not going to run out to stock pile my nuclear shelter yet.

Next on my list is Veteran’s Day. How many of you think that only Veterans should have Veteran’s Day off? I think it would be an interesting day to find out what all those stupid people that joined the armed forces do now. I’m thinking that you would probably have a hard time getting fast food. /sarcasm Stupid Kerry!

Lastly, in the infinite wisdom of the FCC, I have been granted a license to transmit across radio waves. The world is mine, I tell you. Anyway, I’m a licensed HAM radio operator now. I probably won’t really do anything with it; it’s just something that’s nice to have if I need to use it at work.

Everyone have a good weekend, and remember to thank a Veteran by buying him my swag.

Phat Tony out.

9 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Insolublog said...

I have been granted a license to transmit across radio waves.

I hope this does not mean you will be transmitting even less across the internet.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Ssssteve said...

Okay I'll thank a veteren. Thanks to you!!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Tyler D. said...

What freq? I have an RC-200 receiver that I don't use enough.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

Technician class so I can transmit on 50-54 MHz, 144-148MHz, 222-225 MHz, 420-450 MHz, 1240-1300 MHz 1500 watt PEP max. Is it a reciever or transceiver?

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Tyler D. said...

Just a receiver.

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous lil' B-Cack said...

Thank you for not being a dirty hippie and serving our country Phat Tony. I appreciate it.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Crazy Politico said...

Hey, I'm a vet, can I get you to buy me some swag Tony?

 
At 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weirdly enough, my husband is getting Monday off.

Then he's giving ME the day off on Wednesday.

That's pretty damn freaky.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger NOTR said...

Understand the inability to write. Put the election results and Veteran's Day next to each other and it wiped out all ability to be rational for nearly a week. But I snapped out of it the other day after watching Satterfield and Abizaid testify before the Senate in the morning and House in the afternoon.

Watching politicians strut and Generals pontificate for more than an hour drives out what little insanity I had developed over the future under a Dimocratic Congress. Yegawd, it was amazing - and a preview of the next two years.

"Be afraid ... very afraid!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home