Monday, December 11, 2006

Civic Duty

Today I'm live blogging from the Madison County Courthouse. That's right the Dr. has now been in the jury pool twice in 3 years. Luckily Big Spring has wireless and I can connect to bring you the horrible waste of time of being a juror live, at least until I have to sit on a jury. Here is how the day has gone so far.

0830: Was sworn in and saw the horde run up to give their miserable excuses on why they couldn't be a juror. 60 had an excuse that was deemed worthy of being let the hell out of the place.

0900: First break of 45 min. This juror thing is tough.

1030: Lunch! I'll be back at 1330. This reminds me that I need a government job.

1330: Called the first batch of jurors to the courtroom. Still sitting here not doing anything.

1422: I've had to go around my elbow to get to anything on blogger. The wirless settings say that my post history in blogger has to much weighted phrases and wont let me access it. Now I had to add the little pencil thing that lets me jump straight to the edit page. Kinda funny that the post titles have enough bad words or "wieghted phrases" to keep me from vewing them. Anywho, I'm still not on a jury. I'm sure everyone that has a court date is thankful of that.

1521: I haven't walked into a courtroom yet but I'm on the list. It will either be in a few minutes or tomorrow morning. That poor schlub. To bad divorce court doesn't have a jury. I could almost stand to witness one of those.

To Be Continued.

6 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger Insolublog said...

Once you let these guys know you are a civic minded voter, the fun never stops.

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you get really bored, you could always have an absolute fit, insist you know you're not being selected cos you're black or something. haha

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger a4g said...

Do you think "Another Poo Story" on the front page might be part of the problem Dr.?

I get tagged every 15 months like clockwork, called into OC Superior Court in Santa Ana with its 900+ person juror's room... and then wait.

Upside is, I read a substantial chunk of Martin Gilbert's Churchill: A Life whenever I'm there.

Remember: the phrase "Just point me to the one I need to convict" is usually good for a peremptory challenge.

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

I've been waving at everyone in handcuffs telling them that I'll see them inside.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Wyatt Earp said...

The trick is to say you're prejudiced against all races.

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous linda said...

If you get picked, be sure to tell the lawyers that you believe in the death penalty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home