Friday, January 26, 2007

End of the Silent Treatment

Alright already! I’m writing, sort of. Look, I don’t have a great excuse like Uber. I don’t even have a weak excuse like A4G. I just couldn’t find motivation to write anything. I look at the headlines and see humor and just can’t think of anything to add.
So I’ll let you in on what has been going on lately, since I haven’t written anything since before Christmas. All my stuff broke within a few weeks. I’ll list them: water heater, central heat, shower fixtures, tires for wife’s car, my will to live (kidding), and the stove looks like it’s heading towards the crap pile too. This makes my wallet awfully light and my humor slightly soured. It’s not going to bring me down mind you, but it makes my nights and weekends light in the fun department. I’m looking at getting a second job for a few months to supplement my bad luck. If I go this route it might be even longer between posts, not that there has been an outpouring of interest on where I’ve been anyway. (well Pandy and Contagion were looking for me)

I guess I could share my thoughts on one thing in the news before leaving you to ponder when my next post will be. I’ve seen the picture of the college kids that had the MLK Day party and the backlash that they received for having a party making fun of stereotypes. All though I haven’t seen anyone in my neighborhood sporting the “I like chicken” t-shirt the one guy is wearing or Aunt Jemima with a 40oz, the rest of the cliché garments I can spot by looking out my front window or watching BET. I’ll put it the best way I can. I could care less if some black orginaztion had a white party and dressed like rednecks or wore horrible plaid golf outfits. If they sat around eating mayonnaise on white bread, sipping earl grey tea, and watched Monty Python films it would not offend me in the least. I personally think making fun of stereotypes is funny. If there wasn’t any truth to them they wouldn’t be funny.

That’s why this 5th of May I’m having a party where people will have to climb a fence to get in. Then as an extra bonus I’ll let the guests roof my house for $20.

Hey everyone, get a frackin sense of humor.

12 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So . . . your party is simply for Mexicans?

Yeah, I'm going to Hell. Nice to have ya back, Doc.

 
At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Corona and tacos for everyone!

I hope your luck changes. :)

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger NOTR said...

Gonna tell Loretta on ya! She is gonna take away your propane and send those who live under the bridges to your house instead!

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous fmragtops said...

Heh, great idea for a party. Will you get to kill another goat to serve at this party?

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes!

But will it blend?

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Contagion said...

I have to agree with you on the party pics. So they are making fun of stereotypes. Oh well, I see it happen all the time, I guess it's only wrong if you're making fun of a minority stereotype.

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I bring a mexican under each arm to feed the poor do I get in for free?! Just asking?

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I bring a Mexican under each arm can I get in for free! Just asking?!

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous linda said...

You have plenty of company in the what can go wrong next dept! Every day is an adventure! heh

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger PoP said...

I guess that leaves me out. to old to climb a fence any more. I do have a good set of bolt cutters though. you better have beer.

 
At 2:39 AM, Blogger Uber said...

If it makes ya feel any better, I hurt my collar bone catching a box of crystal and puter, then my shoulder moving a big ole box of smelly shoes I'm collecting (and washing, of course) for charity...sold a painting for an ungodly amount (that equals what I owe in back bills exactly so I'm still broke) and my car is in the shop as of yesterday. lol Ya gotta laugh.

Or cry.

Whatever.

Thanks for the linky love, great to see you back!

 
At 3:19 AM, Blogger Uber said...

Oh yeah, and that's "pewter". I can totally spell and stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home