Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Falling Apart

Well I guess I’m really on a role. I’ve got two posts under my belt and it hasn’t even been a week.

Remember my last post I told everyone that my stuff was breaking left and right? I’ll need to add something to that list. Go ahead and add large portions of my body that feel as if they might fall off. I’ve got two things working against me today. One is that on Sunday night I literally played Wii boxing until I made my shoulders sore and last night a played on my company basketball league without any subs. (We lost that game by only 4. I wish we had just a few more players.) Today my body is rejecting most movement. Last night was obviously much worse. I came home after the basketball game and then tried not to move for a few hours hoping that everything would stop hurting. After that monumental waste of non-effort, that had no effect on how much my body was punishing me for playing basketball, I gingerly and slowly took the few steps it takes to get from the couch to the kitchen to get some wonderful food that Mrs. DPT cooked for me.

Since I’m sure that my team will not win a game until I can find some warm bodies to throw out on the court to give everyone a break, I’ve been doing my best to recruit guys to the team. This is much harder than it sounds since we haven’t won a game (or had more than 7 players) since the opening tournament where we beat the other team from our company. It seems that no one wants to join a team where you don’t get to have any breaks and lose.

The next game is Thursday. I hope to have a post about a basketball victory on Friday. I wouldn’t hold my breath since it looks like we’ll have the same five players and no subs.

3 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Anonymous linda said...

Will there be a video? heh Tuff to let go, isn't it, doc? j/k You're as young as you feel!

Come over and look at my blog, Frankly, my dear, at:

http://bama2.itsapundit.com/

so you can turn up your nose! Well, at least, it wouldn't require physical exertion!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Contagion said...

Dude... I'd make fun of you, but I can only sympathize.

 
At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have too many white guys. That's your problem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home