Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Troops + Lunch = Appreciated

First off I want to thank the fruit of my looms DR Phat Tony for allowing his feeble nearly blind old man to post a little suggestion to all of the DPT readers I have come to know and respect. I would like to propose a take a troop to lunch campaign. To honor our soldiers by buying them lunch when the opportunity presents its self. If you happen to see a soldier at the restaurant you are at, just walk up thank him for his service to our country hand him a note with this or your website address. Ask them to leave a comment about their view on how they are being portrayed in the media or how they feel about the war and its out come. Tell him his lunch is on you and have the waitress bring his check to you. I would like to see more soldiers come by the site and get a well deserved pat on the back. I would also like some one to come up with a Take A Soldier To Lunch business card. I’m pretty sure I can fork out enough for a PLATO T shirt, or a DPT coffee cup for the winner.

Now if my son doesn’t edit this to sound like a mentally deranged rant from his father. I think this is a wonderful idea. We happen to live at an Army base so we see a lot of soldiers. Get the card ideas rolling I need them to hand out.

With all respect
Pop

13 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger a4g said...

I probably shouldn't have read further than the words "come to know and respect", but I did anyway, pop.

That's a damn good idea, and I'll do so the next time the opportunity presents itself.

Much better than when I followed Dr. Phat's advice for "Pr0n For Troops". I saw a soldier eating with his wife and 4yo daughter in the local Red Lobster, and generously tossed a few of my well-worn issues of Whitford's Skank Almanac, Juggstraordinary and Butt Pirates Of Painzance right there on the table for him.

Sonofabitch suckerpunched me straight in the nuts. Thanks a lot, Dr. Phat.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

The wife and I paid for breakfast for a table full of them at Bob Evans a few months ago.
They thought that was pretty cool.

Made us happy, too. :)

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger PoP said...

Thank you son for allowing me to appear like a reasonably sane person this time.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Dr. Phat Tony said...

A4G,
no good deed goes unpunished.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger rachel said...

I'm going to the Milblog Convention

Can I settle for buying a few pints of Guinness?

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Uber said...

Aww. Fantastic idea.

Not sure if you were looking for a designer (I'd be happy to design whatever you want if that's the case) or design ideas.

As for ideas...I'd put a lil emblem depicting each branch of the service across the top or bottom of the card, or maybe in a circle (I dunno, whatever) and just keep it simple other than that (mission and contact info, etc), were it me. :)

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Wyatt Earp said...

Terrific idea, Pop! I bow to your Buddhist nature.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger PoP said...

submit, submit away all. I will be sole judge, and the winner will get their choise of my son's swag.
Don't give away your Idea Ube. I'm a little biased toward the fairer sex. My son will not tell me who's card i will be looking at just to make it fair. I'm thinking of starting a blog just for this project.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

Here ya go Pop:

[URL=http://img442.imageshack.us/my.php?image=soldiercarddn1.jpg][IMG]http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9578/soldiercarddn1.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger PoP said...

Sorry Andrew I have not been able to get your link to work. Please send it to my son or try again. Since we have only had two entries. We will only have two winners. If Uber and Andrew will contact My son we will arrange to have your swag delivered. I will see if there is a way to get the cards linked or downloadable from this site. In the mean time please direct all solders to this or your site to post their thoughts. Thank you Uber and Andrew for entering.

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous The Anti-Hippie said...

There we go.

That link should work better. I'll send you an email tonight, Doc.

Ohh, and Oops! I used my real first name.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger PoP said...

Much better Andr oops I meen Anti-hippy. just need to add website info.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Uber said...

Sorry pop, I thought you were simply looking for us to throw some ideas at you and haven't been on since. Oopsie? Is it a done deal or still open?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home