Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Fallen Soldier

I just received word that a friend of mine, Jeffery McKinney, died in Iraq last week. What made it so shocking is that Will sent me an email and I was so stoked that he contacted me, it was a big let down to hear that his team leader from Eco 51st INF died last week.

1st Sgt. Jeffery McKinney, or as I knew him, Ranger Mac was a good man, a great soldier, and one of the funniest guys I knew. He will be missed and the Army has lost an asset.

I’ve been racking my brain, trying to remember a funny story involving Ranger Mac. My room mate, Expletive Delph (and also B-Cack), was on his team and I always remember that Expletive Delph would blame me for everything wrong in our room. I did the same to him though, so it always seemed to work out. I plan on making some phone calls tonight hoping to jog my memory so I can update this post with a good story.

RIP Range Mac

4 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger a4g said...

I'm sorry for your loss, DPT. It doesn't seem right that a good man should be struck down by something as unworthy as evil.

All of us, whether grateful, or apathetic, or even spiteful, are eternally in debt to 1st Sgt McKinney. The cost of a life lived better than those of your fellow men truly is high.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Very sorry about your friend, Doc.
God bless him and his family and friends.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Insolublog said...

To chime in with a4g, I also express my condolences for the loss of your friend and one of our protectors.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Uber said...

Prayers for family and friends, Doc. (If there are any needs of the family that you know of, please let us know.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home